BUSINESSES CAN HELP ST. MARY SCHOOL THROUGH EITC!
Do own or work for a company that is a “C” or “S” Corporation, an LLC, or a Partnership?
If so, your business can help St. Mary School! Pennsylvania’s Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program allows PA businesses to divert their state taxes to scholarships for students enrolled in Catholic Schools. The process can cost the business ABSOLUTELY NOTHING and could help our school so very much! If you own or work for a qualifying business, please contact Jennifer Maltese at (412)486-7611 or firstname.lastname@example.org for details. The application is simple and funds can be specifically designated to St. Mary School. It is TRULY a WIN-WIN!
How Does EITC Work?
- In 2001, Pennsylvania passed the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program.
- This law permits you to divert your PA state taxes to the Catholic school of your choice.
- You can give up to $750,000 a year for K-12 and another $200,000 for Pre-K. The state gives you a 90% tax credit for a two-year pledge.
- You get a federal tax deduction for the gift.
- It costs you little or nothing to give.
How Can You Get Involved?
- Complete an application at Pennsylvania’s Department of Community and Economic Development’s (DCED) website, click here by July 1, 2017. Print and sign the signature page and mail to the DCED.
- The DCED approves your application and sends you a letter.
- You have 60 days to mail a check to:
Scholastic Opportunity Scholarship Fund
Dr. Ron Bowes
111 Boulevard of the Allies
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- The Diocese will mail you a thank you letter which serves as your receipt.
- You mail this receipt back to the DCED and your tax credit is complete.
“Giving Parents A Choice and Children a Brighter Future”